Blah blah blah, yes this is my Knitting Blog!

Sometimes a flurry of activity, sometimes a long time with nothing at all. And right now it looks like a gap of a couple of years (shame on me).

But blog or no blog, I do manage to knit every day - and so should you!

(Interested in my photos? Then by all means Click Here to see them.

Care to send me an Email?

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Back in the saddle!

It's not that I haven't been knitting (although I did take a couple of weeks off for vacation), I just haven't been writing about it or taking pictures.

Okay, so here's what I finished last night:



It's a pattern from UNWIND and it's called Twize - or the yarn is called that and they suggest you use it for this top. Whichever.

I have to say, for the first time I feel like something I made FITS me - which is no thanks to the good folks at Twize, because they just say "Size S M and L" on the pattern, giving no indication of measurements that fit those classifications.

But crabbing aside, this thing is pretty cool.

The yarn is 100% bamboo - yes I said bamboo - and it feels soft like a combination of cotton and silk. Normally I'm no fan of browns, but this colorway reminds me of wild rice and is visually cool.

It's mostly stockinette with a center column of seed stitch. Bottom is seed stitch too, as are the straps and armholes. Simple!

Detail of the center seed stitch:



I got impatient and 3-needle bound the straps off together probably about an inch early, but I think with wear the straps may have an inch of give in them and I didn't want them to be too long. We'll see.

The pattern calls for a mild waist decrease (2 times) I read the pattern wrong and did it three, which I think had better results. Instead of doing it at row 18 and row 36, I did it at row 1, row 18, and row 36 (and of course did the corresponding three increases).

For now I'm more than satisfied. I'll add some better pictures if I can get Jenny to take some today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

Very nice!
I usually don't like browns either, but there's such a nice buckwheat kasha-ish, heathery thing going on that really looks amazing.

1:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! The color is gorgeous --speaking as a person who actually likes browns :-)

4:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

California Knit Bloggers
Previous| Join| | Next

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next