Blah blah blah, yes this is my Knitting Blog!

Sometimes a flurry of activity, sometimes a long time with nothing at all. And right now it looks like a gap of a couple of years (shame on me).

But blog or no blog, I do manage to knit every day - and so should you!

(Interested in my photos? Then by all means Click Here to see them.

Care to send me an Email?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

More About the Twize

In response to MJ asking how easy/hard this top is to make for someone just branching out into garments -

The pattern is simple!

You need to know how to knit and purl, increase and decrease, and that's it. Plus three-needle bind-off.

The first 6 rows are seed stitch (and on the front the center 8 or 9 depending on the garment size). I used markers on either side of the seed stitch center just to keep myself reminded. There are two waist decreases, then two increases, and that's all until the underarm decreases, which are simple and obvious.

The straps are bound off together with the 3-needle technique and you seam the sides and that's it.

I did revise the pattern to do it in the round (eliminates side seaming) but haven't tried it that way yet.

Also, I don't know about you, but every time I use a pattern I use at least one skein fewer than it calls for. Same with this one. I did the size large in five skeins and this size small in I think three! The pattern calls for six and five. Go figure, but good to know because the bamboo ain't cheap.

Also if you buy the Twize from Unwind they will give you the pattern free with it.

Go get 'em - make this top!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

California Knit Bloggers
Previous| Join| | Next

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next