Blah blah blah, yes this is my Knitting Blog!

Sometimes a flurry of activity, sometimes a long time with nothing at all. And right now it looks like a gap of a couple of years (shame on me).

But blog or no blog, I do manage to knit every day - and so should you!

(Interested in my photos? Then by all means Click Here to see them.

Care to send me an Email?

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Let the cabling begin!

Yes, it's been a ridiculously long time since I posted to this blog.

Not that I haven't been knitting though - just not blogging.

At the end of 2004 I promised myself I would get some guts and learn some new stitches, starting with the dreaded CABLING.

I'd seen several books illustrating it but feared I would not be able to figure it out unless a human being showed me how to do it.

Then one night about a week ago or so I decided just to TRY it and see what would happen. I got out a ball of my old friend GOA - the easiest yarn in the world to knit with - and gave it a try.

You know what? It's super easy!

I'm not doing anything fancy, just two stitches on the needle, but I understand the process now and will be able to forge ahead with more complicated stuff.

Here's a hat I made - it's seed stitch with two cables at either side!



(one ball of 50g yarn, and not knitted in the round because I didn't want to have to worry about the cables joining properly at the top. So I did it as a tall rectangle, then folded it over, sewed the two side seams, threw on some tassels, and called it finished)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

California Knit Bloggers
Previous| Join| | Next

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next