Blah blah blah, yes this is my Knitting Blog!

Sometimes a flurry of activity, sometimes a long time with nothing at all. And right now it looks like a gap of a couple of years (shame on me).

But blog or no blog, I do manage to knit every day - and so should you!

(Interested in my photos? Then by all means Click Here to see them.

Care to send me an Email?

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Virtually Seamless

Taking a little break from TSTWD but here's an update - right now I've finished the fronts and back, and seamed the shoulders. I have picked up stitches for the sleeve and have begun knitting the first sleeve in the round.

If it ever gets finished, this sweater will have almost no seams - just the shoulders - because I did the fronts and back together (one wide piece) until the armholes, then separated and did the fronts up to the tops. Picking up the stitches for the sleeves at the shoulder means no fitting/sewing the sleeves in, and doing the sleeves in the round means no sewing the sleeves together.

We'll see whether that's a good idea or not when I've finished it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jessica said...

I've been quite negligent in posting comments...I can't wait for pictures of this magnificent sweater. I am making plans for a Garment of Some Sort myself and it's very exciting for me to steer from scarf and pouch and unfinished-poncho territory. I think it's going to be a top-down raglan on circulars, as I'm kind of familiar with the yarn over increase technique from my poncho...I'll let you know how it goes.
If you start bawling with joy at J & J's wedding, please shed an extra gloppy tear for me. MJ

5:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

California Knit Bloggers
Previous| Join| | Next

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next