Blah blah blah, yes this is my Knitting Blog!

Sometimes a flurry of activity, sometimes a long time with nothing at all. And right now it looks like a gap of a couple of years (shame on me).

But blog or no blog, I do manage to knit every day - and so should you!

(Interested in my photos? Then by all means Click Here to see them.

Care to send me an Email?

Friday, August 27, 2004

An update on The Sweater That Wouldn't Die (henceforth TSTWD)

Coming to an interesting point for this sweater.

I have a knitting for baby book with several cardigan patterns that have you knit a huge wide bit that is both fronts and the back until you reach the bottom of the armhole. For me, hater of seaming, this is ideal.

Once you reach the armhole area you do the front stitches, stick them on a holder (of course if you use Denise, there's a neat little trick), do the back stitches, and put the stitches for the other front on a different holder. It sounds confusing but it's really not.

From there you finish the back, then go back and finish the two fronts individually.

I haven't seen any books that show this for adult garments but I'm willing to give it a try.

So I've cast on enough stitches for the left front, back, and right front, and the piece is about 12 inches high. This took FOREVER because the needles are so small and there are so many freaking stitches in each row.

This is where I screw up in the past - I go to 13" and start on the armholes like it says in the patterns, but in the end the finished sweaters are always too short. I don't exactly know why, but that's what happens.

So with this one I plan to go 14 or even 15 inches before I do the separating, just to be sure.

I should be able to get these last three inches done tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

California Knit Bloggers
Previous| Join| | Next

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next