Blah blah blah, yes this is my Knitting Blog!

Sometimes a flurry of activity, sometimes a long time with nothing at all. And right now it looks like a gap of a couple of years (shame on me).

But blog or no blog, I do manage to knit every day - and so should you!

(Interested in my photos? Then by all means Click Here to see them.

Care to send me an Email?

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

You're knitting with WHAT now?

It's BAMBOO!

Yep, for real. And no picture can convey how super-soft and fancy this stuff is. It's got a silky shine to it but it's not silk - very cool.

Now I have to figure out what to make with it.

Here's my swatch - it's a little more than 5 stitches to the inch on a size 6 needle in stockinette, but as you can see it's much different with other stitches.



Stockinette looks fine, seed stitch is lost, and ribbing is also okay, but K2 P2 is better looking than K1 P1.



Notice my lovely KNIT CAST ON - it makes the cutest squiggles at the bottom edge!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jessica said...

That's so cool! I've been thinking about trying that stuff out, along with soysilk. You have motivated me to actually maybe seek out some.

About the too-big tunic shirt: I find myself in a similar situation. I have really learned my lesson about not swatching to get gauge first. I think I'm still going to seam it, though, ("it" being a seed-stitch sleeveless shirt) and see what it looks like on (I suppose I could always gift it to someone if it really doesn't work). I can't bear the thought of ripping it out, because I know I'll never re-make this particular pattern. I'm kind of over the whole thing. Ahh, I don't know what to do. Bleh. (and I knitted it in my favorite GGH GOA, which you can't buy here. I hope it's not a total waste. Crappity crap indeed for me!)

xox MJ

7:37 AM

 
Blogger ruth666 said...

Your sleeveless seed stitch shirt can likely be fixed with seaming - the good thing about knitting is there is SO much wiggle room in these garments.

If it's wildly huge you may have to get creative with front darts or something, but likely this can be fixed with just some deep side seams.

I can't rip out either - at least not when I'm more than halfway into a thing - and certainly not after it's finished. I would NEVER take up with the ripped-out yarn again either.

10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

California Knit Bloggers
Previous| Join| | Next

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next