Blah blah blah, yes this is my Knitting Blog!

Sometimes a flurry of activity, sometimes a long time with nothing at all. And right now it looks like a gap of a couple of years (shame on me).

But blog or no blog, I do manage to knit every day - and so should you!

(Interested in my photos? Then by all means Click Here to see them.

Care to send me an Email?

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Seedling Sweater Complete

All right I finally got off my ass and picked up the stitches to do the backbreaking Three Whole Rows for the collar on this sweater, and now it's done. I think I will block, but here's the photo now:





I totally pussed out on making the buttonholes - not that I don't know how to make them (because I do) - but just because I didn't feel like it. These buttons are small and can be jammed through the sweater any old where, and besides, this sweater is for 3-6 months. Do you really think anyone is going to bother with buttons on a baby that small? I didn't think so either.

This sweater was from the MINNIES book, and I have to say the pattern was good. When it said "Pick up 50 stitches for the collar" there really were only 50 stitches there, and the same thing happened with the sleeves. All in all a very simple project - took about 4 days of casual front-of-the-tv knitting. After all those "wing it" sweaters with no pattern it's been kind of fun to follow one.

The only bad thing I can say about this project is that it's boring (to make and to look at) if you use all one color yarn. At very least I would recommend a variegated yarn that will bring out the seed stitch but also create a more visually interesting garment. This one is a little dull.

Now all I have to do is figure if I should bring it as a gift to our dentist (baby girl born first week of August) or save it for Nameless Baby Ackenhausen (not showing up until January).

I'm so impatient - I gave the Creamsicle sweater away last night - I have no self control!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, even if this is boring to knit, I think it's lovely to look at in all one color. It's so classic and sweet. I really love it!

9:50 PM

 
Blogger Mary Jessica said...

I don't think it's boring at all, actually - I think it's adorable.

12:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

California Knit Bloggers
Previous| Join| | Next

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next