Blah blah blah, yes this is my Knitting Blog!

Sometimes a flurry of activity, sometimes a long time with nothing at all. And right now it looks like a gap of a couple of years (shame on me).

But blog or no blog, I do manage to knit every day - and so should you!

(Interested in my photos? Then by all means Click Here to see them.

Care to send me an Email?

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Humbling

Well things were going along fine and dandy with that yoke vest, and I think you know what happened: I got cocky.

I got to the point where I started the bust increases and my brain fell out - I read the pattern several times, and even brought the thing to UNWIND for hand-holding, and yet I still managed to get the increases to veer off to the right instead of stay smack in the center of the vest.

CRAP!

Here's a picture of just how far I got - did the sleeves and everything. Cord binding around the middle is how far I determined I would need to rip out (grrrrrrrrr).



You can sort of see here that I've lost control of the center stitch, and the thing just runs off to the right:


The good news, if you can call it that, is that I panicked and sent email to the Loop-d-Loop site, and first thing in the morning I had a response email from Teva! Email was great and really wanted to help me solve this, but Teva stuck to the pattern (I was insisting that you need to do an increase on either side of the center stitch (a K1) and the book says no). We exchanged a couple of emails and then I think Teva gave up on me.

Where I'm at now? I decided to try it my way - add a K1 at the center stitch and do my increases on either side of it. But now I've started another project and am pretty deep into it.

But that's another post -

So for right now this vest is stalled.

This is the first time I've ever worked on more than one thing at once. Not sure I like it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

California Knit Bloggers
Previous| Join| | Next

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next